NR AFFF – 30 combines fluoro- and hydrocarbon-surfactant technology to provide superior fire and vapor suppression for Class B, hydrocarbon fuel fires. NR AFFF – 30 is intended for firefighting applications at 3% solution in fresh, salt, or hard water.
NR AFFF – 30 foam solution utilizes three suppression mechanisms for rapid fire knockdown and superior burn back resistance:
- The foam blanket blocks oxygen supply to the fuel.
- Liquid drains from the foam blanket and forms an aqueous film that suppresses fuel vapor and seals the fuel surface.
- The water content of the foam solution produces a cooling effect for additional fire suppression.
NR AFFF – 30 is intended for use on Class B hydrocarbon fuel fires having low water solubility, such as crude oils, gasoline, diesel fuels, and aviation fuels. NR AFFF – 30 is not suitable for use on polar fuels having appreciable water solubility, such as methyl and ethyl alcohol, acetone, and methyl ethyl ketone.
The concentrate has excellent wetting properties that can effectively combat Class A fires as well. It may also be used in conjunction with dry chemical agents to provide even greater fire suppression performance.
NR AFFF – 30 is ideal for fixed, semi-fixed, and emergency response firefighting systems for industrial and municipal applications.
Typical applications include:
- Fuel or chemical storage tanks
- Industrial chemical and petroleum process/storage facilities
- Truck/rail loading and unloading facilities
- Flammable liquid containment areas
- Docks/marine tankers
- Mobile equipment
- Appearance : Clear liquid
- Density @ 25 oC : 1.05 – 1.10
- pH : 6 – 7
- Viscosity @ 25 oC : 0.35 cps
- Freezing point : 21.2 oC
NR AFFF – 30 may be effectively applied using most conventional foam discharge equipment at 3% dilution with fresh, salt, or hard water. For optimum performance, water hardness should not exceed 500 ppm expressed as calcium and magnesium.
NR AFFF – 30 can be correctly proportioned using most conventional, properly calibrated, in-line proportioning equipment such as:
- Balanced and in-line balanced pressure pump proportioners
- Balanced pressure bladder tanks and ratio flow controllers
- Around-the-pump type proportioners
- Fixed or portable in-line venturi type proportioners
- Handline nozzles with fixed eductor/pick-up tubes
The recommended operational temperature range for this foam concentrate is 35 °F to 120 °F (2 °C to 49 °C).
For immediate use: The concentrate may be diluted with fresh or sea water to a 6% pre-mix solution.
MATERIALS OF CONSTRUCTION COMPATIBILITY
To avoid corrosion, galvanized pipes and fittings should never be used in contact with undiluted concentrate.
If kept in the original unopened and airtight NR AFFF – 30 supplied container and stored within the temperature range of 2oC – 49oC a shelf life of between 15 – 20 years can be expected.
NR AFFF – 30 is available in pails @ 25 L and Drum @ 200 L.